What to expect: AIC Homecoming 2016

Daniel Frawley, Staff writer

It’s that time of year once again that the AIC student body will celebrate Homecoming Week, here’s what we have in store from October 11th-October 15th.

Tuesday, October 11th join the Powder Puff team rally in the quad from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m. Participants from each class will receive their jerseys. Other students will have the opportunity to make signs and support their class.

Make your way to the Campus Center Auditorium at 8 p.m. as the Student Activities Board will be showing the 2000 film: Remember the Titans. Concessions will be available.

Wednesday, October 12th come cheer on your class Powder Puff team at Abdow Field at 8 p.m. Bring posters, and dress according to your class theme. Best-dressed wins a prize!

Thursday, October 13th How much do you know about AIC athletics? Come to the Stinger Pub at 6 p.m. to put your knowledge to the test in AIC Sports Trivia.

Seniors, stick around at the Stinger Pub for the Senior Class Kickoff! Starting at 8 p.m., get a partner, and bring your A-Game to compete in a Water-Pong Tournament. Enjoy food, drinks, giveaways, prizes and music provided by AIC Radio.

Friday, October 14thJoin the AIC student body in The Quad at 4 p.m. for the Hockey Pre-Game Pep Rally. Enjoy food and games before the shuttles depart for The Mass Mutual Center, as AIC Ice Hockey take on Union College (Schenectady, NY) at 7 PM. When taking the shuttle, you are entered to win an Apple Watch.

Saturday, October 15thPurchase a parking spot at the AIC Athletic Complex and tailgate for the Yellow Jacket’s Football game. Festivities begin at 8 a.m.

The AIC Division 1 hockey team will play Friday night during homecoming weekend.

Your AIC Yellow Jackets football team takes on Bentley University (Waltham, Mass.) with a noon kickoff. Wear black and yellow, and cheer on the Yellow Jackets as they look to improve their in-conference record.

After the game, join Greek Life and Alumni in the Campus Quad at 6 p.m. as they present themselves with dances and other performances.

Enjoy cocktails in the Stinger Pub from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. before heading over to the Homecoming party! Get loosened up to sing and dance! (Must be 21 or older)

This year’s Homecoming Party takes place under the Alumni Tent in the Edgewood field from 10 p.m. – 2 p.m. Dance the night away as Homecoming Week comes to an end.

Hope you can make the most of your 2016 AIC Homecoming!

Coordinator of Student Activities and Campus Center Operations said the series of events is sure to draw the crowds to campus. “This year we’re getting back to traditions that we have gotten away from in years past. We’re giving the student body what they want, and incorporating new things that appeal to the campus life,” he said.