Despite head coach vacancy, AIC field hockey still working hard

Katelynn Leclerc

Freshman Georgia Barnes is air dribbling and looks to pass the ball off.

Katelynn Leclerc

Katelynn Leclerc
Sophomore Devyn O’Connor gets ready to dead lift.

The field hockey team at American International College had a very successful year, finishing their season with a winning record of 10-8.

Though the end of the season didn’t end how they would’ve hoped, the field hockey team is experiencing new changes. Only nine players are coming back to the team, and they also lost both of their coaches.

While keeping up with the stress of schoolwork and not having a coach, the athletes are still continuing to train and to lift with the strength and conditioning coach Laura Carney. The field hockey team trains Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6 a.m., and they lift Tuesdays from 7:30-8:30 p.m., and Wednesdays from 7-8 p.m.

Katelynn Leclerc
Jenny Holmquist dribbles across the court in a shuttle line.

In the meantime, Athletic Director Matt Johnson and assistant Athletic Director Jessica Chapin have been running their training sessions.

When the team heard the news about the coaches, they didn’t know how to react and they were concerned about the future of the program. However, Matt Johnson assured them that the program will be in good hands.

Many people have applied for the position of head coach of the field hockey team, and the athletic staff at American International College is confident that they will hire a successful coach.

Katelynn Leclerc is a freshman VDA major at AIC, and is a member of the field hockey team.

Katelynn Leclerc
Freshman Jenny Holmquist is stretching getting ready for practice.