Previewing an Eventful Homecoming Week: Oct. 19-24

The football team is home for the annual Homecoming game on Saturday, 10/24 at 1PM vs. Assumption

Allison Gavin, Staff Writer

Homecoming week is right around the corner and it is going to be bigger and better than ever! The Homecoming week of festivities begins on October 19, leading up to the pep rally on Friday, October 23 and the football game and Homecoming party on Saturday, October 24.

There will be events each day during the week leading up the main events at of the weekend that every AIC student looks forwards to each year. All of these events are put on and hosted by our very own Student Activities Board. The week’s agenda is what follows:

Monday night is Movie Monday! The fan favorite “Straight Outta Compton” will be shown in the CCA at 8:00 PM. “Straight Outta Compton” is about the hip hop group N.W.A. and how the four made it big in the music industry. The members included Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Easy-E and DJ Yella.

Tuesday night is Game Night! That night there will be a ping-pong tournament and a pool tournament going on in the game room in the basement of the CCA. There will also be a chance for you to win prizes during C-Hour on Tuesday, so be sure to go to the quad at C-Hour and Spin-And-Win for your chance to win!

Wednesday night is a big night: the famous MTV series, “Wild N’ Out” is coming to AIC! The two famous comedians appearing are Conceited and Emmanuel Hudson. Tickets cost $3 for students and $5 for guests, and are on sale now at aictickets.com. You can also get a chance to participate in the show! Auditions will be held on Thursday, October 15th from 11am-12pm and Friday October 16th from 2pm-5pm in the CCA.

Thursday will be Gamdownloade Prep Day. There will be an opportunity for students to make banners, and posters for the Homecoming football game on Saturday. Stop by to make some banners and maybe you’ll make an appearance on TV at the big game!

Friday night is the Pep Rally. This year the Pep Rally is being put on by the Student Athletes and Student Activities Board. There will be host that has yet to have been announced. DJ KLS will be on hand as the MC for the night.

Saturday is the day that everyone here at AIC looks forward to! First, there will be the annual Homecoming football game against Assumption College that will be airing on ESPN3 at 1:00 PM; it is a game you don’t want to miss! It is also a “black-out game” so everyone attending the game should make sure to wear black!

Later that night will be the Homecoming Party, which is set to be bigger and better than ever. This year the party, will be taking place in the practice gym, which is going to be transformed to look like a club. The party runs from 10:00-2:30 and doors close at 12:30. The party costs $3 for students and $5 for guests. download (1)

Jennifer Fannon, a sophomore here at AIC is gearing up for the Homecoming week and is pretty excited for the week of events.

“I’m excited for everything, especially the Homecoming Party and the ping-pong tournament,” Fannon said, also stating “I am excited for the football game and I think it’s cool that it is being aired on ESPN.”

Another sophomore, Craig Wester is ready to go as well, as he stated “I’m really excited for the game. I’m also excited to see all of the devoted Alumni show their support.”

As you can tell, Homecoming week is filled with several super-fun events, so be sure to make an appearance at each or you’ll miss out.