“Higher Dedication” – AIC Unveils New Logo, Website and Brand

“Higher Dedication” -  AIC Unveils New Logo, Website and Brand

Angie Gheen and Amber Girouard

AIC's new logo on prominent display outside Amaron Hall.
Leon Nguyen
AIC’s new logo on prominent display outside Amaron Hall.

American International College has a new, sleek look that’s turning heads.

As of October 20, an exciting change has occurred on the AIC website and around campus. A new approach, a new logo, and the motto of “higher dedication” were created.

The logo’s lettering is bright yellow, sleek and smooth at the same time, and points to now, and the future.

Go onto the homepage of the AIC website, and the first thing you notice is a welcoming message with the words: “We have a new website and a new logo, but we remain as highly dedicated as ever – to our work, to our passions, to each other. That’s the essence of AIC.”

We are still the same AIC, just working on bettering ourselves and our community.

President Vincent Maniaci of American International College sent an email to all students, staff, and faculty about the exciting, new changes that are forthcoming.

“The fancy word for this process is ‘rebranding.’ Instead, I prefer to think of it simply as a ‘recommitment’—to ourselves and to each other—to keep being the most highly dedicated group of thinkers, learners, teachers, and educators we can be,” Maniaci said.

President Maniaci is advocating this recommitment in hopes of bringing the students, staff, and community together in an encouraging way.

Even though it is still fairly new and a big change, the rebranding is getting a lot of positive feedback.

Josh Weintraub, a student at AIC, said he is 100 percent good with the new logo and the rebranding effort.

“It is nice to see positive changes happening,” Weintraub said.

Last month, AIC hosted a party on the Quad right after the website launch, providing free t-shirts with the new logo for all in attendance.

Not only are there big changes online and around campus; the campus store is also adding new items with the rebranded logo. Water bottles, blankets, and shirts are now available for purchase online and at the campus store. Many students are already showing their support of the change by purchasing AIC apparel with the new logo.

Students enjoying the rebranding party on Tuesday, October 20.
Leon Nguyen

From past and present students’ opinions, AIC has been known for having smaller class sizes. The new website is using this as one of their strengths because, as the website says, “at AIC, we’re focused on intellectual and personal growth, leadership, social responsibility and community. Our small classes allow for personalized attention, so you can make your mark here – and far beyond.”