New iPhone 7 flying off the shelves

Aaron Yates, Staff Writer

Being one of the richest companies in the world, Apple just became even richer.

Releasing a brand new iPhone that has features like a double camera, long lasting battery life, water resistance and so much more, customers waited in line for hours to buy the new iPhone 7.

According to Apple, the “iPhone 7 reaches a new level of innovation and precision. The finish is like nothing Apple has ever made.”

The iPhone 7 has a new home button, 25% brighter and is two times faster than the iPhone 6. It comes in 2 different models: the 7 and 7 Plus. And has 5 different colors, rose gold, gold, silver, black and jet black.

The new iPhones have no headphone jacks, which forces Apple to include wireless headphones (EarPods) at purchase.

Lamont Waites, 21, of American International College was one of the many customers to wait in line for this phone.apple-iphone-7-iphone-7-plus-review-1-1500x1000

“I was in line for about 3 hours until the Apple worker yelled out loud that there were no more iPhone 7s available,” Waites said. “Everyone was pretty upset. I missed class to get this phone. I should have pre-ordered it.”

On the first day of pre-orders, which was Sept. 9, Apple completely sold out of all iPhone 7s and 7 plus. For that reason there was a limited amount sold to the public on its release day of Sept.16.

For those who have a cellphone plan, the iPhone 7 may not be as expensive as you may think.

About $35 a month for 24 months is what it will cost you to pay off the phone completely.

Now if you are just buying the iPhone 7 out of pocket you may be looking at a price range of $750-$900 depending on the model and number of gigabytes.

When asking around the American International College campus for people’s thoughts about the iPhone 7 there were a lot of disagreements about the phone. Some say it is too expensive while others say it is not.

Jerrod Shelby of American International says that “the phone is nice but it is overrated.”

“People wait in line for days to get the phone when they can just go next month or so and avoid the commotion,” added Shelby.

iphone-7-miroslav-majdak-concept-no-headphone-jackYou can purchase the iPhone 7 online through the Apple website or in stores when they are restocked.