Dining Commons steps it up

John O’Donnell, Staff Writer

Students at American International College have been buzzing about the improvement of meals in the Dining Commons.

Often overheard these days in the DC are positive comments about the food.

Some say there are more options, others say the food that has always been there is tasting better and looking more appealing as well.

Freshman Dean Streich said that he has found himself seated in the Dining Commons more often, and doesn’t mind at all.

Why not?

“There are more options and the quality of the food is much better,” Streich said.

A Yellow Jacket analysis of the situation shows that there indeed appear to be improvements.

First of all, students were recently given the option to vote about how they enjoyed their meal.

As students leave the DC they have the option of clicking buttons that display a satisfied face to an unhappy emotion and everything in between.

This seemed to make an immediate change.

Allowing students to review their food meant direct conversation and engagement with the Dining Commons staff. The improvements have left students happy with the college’s food.

One student was found recently enjoying lunch with his family, and also had good things to say – as did his family.

Tori Simcock, brother of freshman Kyle Simcock of AIC, explained that she has visited many different schools such as Western New England, Springfield College, and Southern New Hampshire University, and that AIC’s food has them “beat by a mile”.

Many other AIC students have also said that our food here is much better than other schools and how there are many more options.

The quality of the DC food can overall improve their morale and keep them energized throughout the day.

Dan Heller commented on his thoughts of the DC as of late.

“The DC has been great lately, I’m always there in between classes,” Heller said. “It’s homey in there and I have many options. I’ve been finding myself leaving time before and after classes just to eat something.”

AIC should implement this voting system to other aspects of the school – we need more human voice, improvements can be made anywhere and change should be a constant.