Safety first: how to handle danger at big events?

Johnnie Johnson, Staff Writer

In this day and age, big events should require a large amount of security for safety.

It’s a known fact that if some type of security is in the area people feel more safe and secure. Although some things may not go as planned the world has to be prepared for problematic situation.

Therefore, more security should be at big events for the protection of those in attendance.

Security is the state of being free from danger or threat. When attending a huge event be aware of your surroundings. So, make sure security personnel are present, including police or event security and medical responders.

Check to see whether the security staff is located only along the perimeter or if they’re stationed throughout the crowd. If they’re limited to the perimeter, there’s no way for them to quickly see or respond to activity within the crowd.

You’ll want to look out for defined travel lanes for security personnel and emergency vehicles to maneuver through the crowd. Also, if you or your child feels something is not right or something suspicious is going on, go with your gut instincts and reach out for help. Gut instincts may not be right all the time, however you’re better safe than sorry.

During mass situations keep calm and find your way to safety.

Going crazy can be bad for you and the people you are surrounded by, so remain calm and clear the scene.

Also, try to help the police and security by telling them where the destruction is coming from and moving out of the way, so you don’t get hurt.

Security is obviously important at big events.

College students on the AIC campus had thoughts because they attend so many fun events at the school and elsewhere.

Concerts, carnivals, amusements parks and other activities that have thousands or more people there can be considered as a big event.

Aaron Patterson is a student who is frequently in large-crowd situations, and he tries to stay alert to danger signs.

“I go to concerts all the time and if the security is not around things can go wrong at any time,” Patterson said.

Security is the best solution to being safe and they always will help stop the breakout.

Major events require building effective and sustainable security strategies and operational responses. In this way, they provide a legacy that can lead to developments in resident security planning.

If cities and states are safe the whole country can strive to be more protected.

Student Laurence Spencer-Watson weighed in on the topic.

“Everyone is concerned about their safety, so security isn’t needed,” said Spencer-Watson.

Security does not have to be at the events but it’s for your safety if something was to happen.

This shows security is important to have at big events for safety. Protection is a key in today’s world, therefore keep your eyes open and play it safe.