Trump’s taunting of countries sparks outrage

Johnnie Johnson, Staff Writer

President Donald Trump has done it again, and AIC students are not impressed.

This time he attacked and disrespected foreign countries such as Haiti and those in Africa. Trump thinks our country should only allow immigrants from countries like Norway that benefit our country by growing our economy and contributing to society.

Unprintable, vulgar comments were made by President Trump in a recent Oval Office meeting that set off riots in parts of Africa’s nation and Haiti.

South Africa has protested the U.S. embassy because of the reported remarks by U.S. President Trump that some immigrants from Africa and Haiti come from “Shi*thole” countries.

People in America don’t know if Trump is racist or simply just trying to disregard other countries. Mr. Trump was told that the largest groups of immigrants with that status were from El Salvador, Honduras and Haiti, the president responded, “Haitians? Do we need more Haitians?”

This is obviously offensive and rude to the people in Haiti.

Republican Nia Love, whose parents are from Haiti Demands an apology from Mr. Trump.

When things began to boil, Trump denied the word to describe Africa and Haiti during the meeting on immigration.

Now the Haitian demonstrators are participating in the first major street protest in the Caribbean nation since Trump’s alleged remarks.

Students around the AIC campus offered feedback about what many see as unfit comments for a president.

Charles Robinson said that what Trump says is un-presidential, at the very least.

“Trump should not be our nation’s leader because of the things he says and the situation he creates such as this one. The country could be put in danger,” Robinson said.

About two thousand people took the streets of Haiti’s capital on Monday Jan 22 to protest Trump’s comment. Therefore, causing the uproar in the world’s first independent black republic.

AIC student Chad Scorse had a differing opinion.

“Maybe are president is right and America is the victim in this situation. The president feels that the country is letting in people in that bring us down and put the country in danger,” Scorse said.

From Trump, during the 2016 campaign: “They bring drugs, they’re bringing crime, they’re bringing rapists,” he said of Mexicans coming in to the Untied States.

To gain peace and trust from Africa trump must understand the relationship is based on mutual respect and understanding.

Either side could be true or false however the moral of story is our president has messed up again and it’s going to take a lot for this guy to dig himself from out of this whole.