Is winter over yet?

Are you ready for another snowy winter on campus?

Danielle Corey, Staff Writer

Are you cold? Because I am!

99% of the students right now are talking about the weather.

This winter has been too much! I’m getting sick of all this snow, aren’t you? But it’s going to be better when spring comes. All the green grass and an easy breeze of wind.

I don’t think we’ve had this much snow since, February 2013, when we had a big blizzard. At that time, we had very low extents of pressure. We had hefty snow fall and hurricane-force wind. In that overall snowstorm, Boston reached 24.9 inches, the fifth-highest total ever recorded in the city!

Or how about the winter of 2015, when blizzard after blizzard snowed out several Mondays of school at AIC? That winter, Boston broke 100 inches of snow!

Burr, it’s cold! We’ve had many days below the freezing point, and even below zero. It has been frosty with cold winds biting and burning our faces. I don’t know about you but, that’s too cold for me. Can I move south for the winter?

I wondered what others had to say about this, so I asked around and found out how AIC students feel about this weather, and I asked how they stayed warm and adapted to the weather.

Jasmine Richardson shared more of a positive approach.

“This winter could have been worse, we haven’t had a lot of snow. I just wore extra layers to stay warm,” said Richardson.

Jana Potic is also bundling up to brace the cold temps.

“I think it is getting crazy, global warming has more influence nowadays,” says Jana Potic. “I drank hot tea and hot cocoa to stay warm. I had a warm jacket and a scarf to stay warm while traveling.”

Jazmine Baehr is downright cranky because of the cold weather, but made sure to stay warm over break.

“Miserable, I’m from southern Florida and I was home for 5 weeks for winter break and it never got below 60. I stayed warm by the pool,” Baehr said.

So, there you have it, people at this school do not like this weather, and I don’t blame them. But they were smart to stay warm, for sure.

Did you do anything to stay warm? If you traveled how did you adapt to the weather? So many people have so many different answers. It’s interesting how you can find someone with the same dislike about this crummy weather.

New Englanders and others are starting to not like New England with all this coldness, I bet. I know I’m ready to go south.