AIC Yellow Jacket

Review: Captain Marvel 

Back to Article
Back to Article

Review: Captain Marvel 

Lui Sitama, Staff Writer

Everyone has been waiting for a new Marvel movie, especially since it is attached to the Avengers sequel.

Captain Marvel is basically the girl version of Captain America when you first read the name of the movie.

Captain Marvel just came out March 8, 2019. Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck are the directors and showcasing their first time that each of them work with Marvel Studios Production.

The Marvel collection of comics is coming to life through movies. The new addition to the story really does bring everything to alliance and makes things a little more understanding. It shows the origin of where some of the characters came from.

Character Nick Fury is played by Samuel L Jackson. Now he is the guy who brings the Avengers together in every Marvel movie that he has been in. That includes The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Iron Man 2.

However, if you were looking for more action and emotion this movie this was a little way too slow for what the advertising was represented.

Together, the commercials and trailers offer both action and comedy. But when watching it seemed liked what you saw in the trailer was the only funny or active scenes that happened.

With the cast you would have thought the movie would have been more than what you got but it wasn’t. That’s not saying that the main character Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel played by Brie Larson wasn’t top shelf. She did a great job of just being flawless but really only showed one emotion during the whole movie.

The fantasy of the movie was definitely there with the unrealistic powers that Captain America has is just unbelievable power. The movie basically explains and shows that she is the most powerful Marvel character and we will defiantly see her in the new Avengers Endgame.

Overall, this movie is alright to watch. But you need to watch it because of the new Avengers Endgame movie coming out. So, that is probably the only main reason you would really want to watch this movie.

You don’t really need to watch any of the other Marvel movies to understand this movie. But it defiantly won’t be your favorite movie of Marvel.

It was just shocking and disappointing because it took forever to just get to the point of the story. Usually you want to feel a connection with the characters and want to feel some type of way. Where you begin to pick sides and want to root for someone.

For being a women’s superhero movie Captain Marvel has nothing on Wonder Women. Honestly Wonder Women had a better story plot had the connection and had a lot of emotion.

Captain Marvel had to overcome herself and basically had to find her inner strength, but it defiantly took a long time for us the audience to understand what was going on.

This movie felt like it was holding a lot back and needed to provide way more to understand her background.

A couple of the American International students have seen the movie this past weekend and some things to say about the movie.

“I didn’t really enjoy the movie because it did not have a good story plot at all and some of the things that had happened in the movie was like are you kidding me that’s why? I don’t want to give any spoiler alerts, but this was a movie I could have waited till it came out,” said AIC student Nick Rivera.

“The movie was okay. Not my favorite Marvel movie but I can’t wait to see the new Avengers movie coming out!” said AIC Student Filippo Banzato.

“I would recommend watching the movie to get more understanding of the Marvel stories. But also, because the new Avengers is coming out so now, we will probably get to see more of her powers used in this movie. Even though the movie was a little boring it was pretty informing,” said AIC student Darrin Fernandez.

So, should you watch this movie? Basically, it’s up to you but if you’re a Marvel fan then yes is the only answer.