“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” pre-release preview

Ketirah Felder-Hogan, Staff Writer

The long awaited release of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is coming to an end. With the release just days away, both comic book lovers and moviegoers are excitedly awaiting the arrival of this film.

The film is set to be released on Friday, March 25. It stars Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman, and Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Superman’s notorious enemy.

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” takes place after the events of “Man of Steel,” in which hero Gotham-resident Batman travels to Metropolis, in a precautious-like state in order to confront Superman as other threats hurl humanity into great danger.

So what can we expect or not expect from this already greatly acclaimed movie?

Audiences can expect the iconic Batmobile to make a cameo in film. But, will the audience be surprised with a guest appearance of the Justice League?

Sadly not.

That rumor has been put to an end, but audiences can expect at least two other members of the League. If you haven’t guessed it by now the surprise League members are none other than Wonder Woman, played by Gal Gadot, and Jason Momoa as Aquaman.

Wonder Woman is set to have her own spin-off film of her own, set to be released in summer 2017, while Aquaman will also have a spin-off in 2018.

Anastasia Edwards is a freshman at American International College. Admittedly not a huge comic book lover, she is excited to see Wonder Woman’s role in the upcoming film.

batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice“I’m not really a big fan of comic books. But it’s great to know that a female character will be present in this film,” Edwards said. “I actually like Wonder Woman and wouldn’t mind seeing her in this film although she isn’t actually really the main character of the movie”

It has been rumored that the audience should expect of lots explosions; because what would a comic action movie be without explosions?

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is sure to be a box office hit with all of its continuous press promotion, great chemistry between Affleck and Cavill and the overall intensity of the film.

The action packed movie will undoubtedly leave open a good possibility for a sequel. Regardless of how many people do not like the film, there will always be people who would want to see the film out just out of curiosity no matter what has been said about the film.

Most critics and fans still aren’t pleased with the fact that Affleck was recast to play as Batman once again. Many fans do not think that Affleck is a match for Christian Bale’s performances as Batman in previous films.

However, fans hold great hope for Cavill’s performance this time around. Fans everywhere agree that Cavill has the looks and quirkiness to add life to this character and lead the movie onto a successful trail.

Tamia Cheeks, a fellow freshman student here at AIC, stated her opinion on the film and its release.

“I’m really excited for the release of Batman vs. Superman! I honestly expect this to be a really great movie that will leave me at the edge of my seat,” said Cheeks. “Not really a big fan of Ben Affleck as Batman, but what can you do? I still love Batman and I’m going to see his film regardless of who is playing Batman or Superman.”

Many tidbits about the film have yet to be released or even set in stone, but what we do know is that fans want to see that the movie is closely related to the comic book storylines. Hollywood movies seem to have a habit of not sticking to the comic’s basic storyline. Fans are hoping just because Batman and Superman have met many times in comics, we all hope that the movie draws inspiration from the comics.

Overall, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” is going to be one of the best movies this season. If you love comic books, superheroes, and action packed movies, then this is the movie for you. Get ready to be on the edge of your seat for what will be a critically acclaimed blockbuster film of the year!