AIC Yellow Jacket

Class of 2019 – the dream is coming true

Back to Article
Back to Article

L-R: Wahjerjay Blango, Gracendy Mesamours, Dahsia Middlebrooks, and Justin Lipscomb

Justin Lipscomb, Staff Writer

Graduation is almost here — May 11thto be exact.

For seniors here at AIC these four years went by like the speed of sound.

Interviewing a couple of the seniors was both a lot of fun and very informative. Some of the people interviewed were Dahsia Middlebrooks, Wahjerjay Blango and Gracendy Mesamours.

Gracendy Mesamours is a senior here, coming from Brooklyn New York and is studying Health Care Management. She is a transfer student from Hudson Valley Community College based Troy, New York. She then went to Alvernia University based in Reading Pennsylvania where she studied Nursing.

Why did she eventually choose AIC?

“The small school setting and the diversity here at AIC really made it feel like a home away from home, very cozy and the professors actually want to see you succeed in life after college,” said Mesamours.

She chose Health Care Management as a major because she liked the blend of business and health.

Although she wasn’t here for all four years, she said her experience and the friends she has made at this school was a great part of her life and wouldn’t change a thing.

After graduation, she has plans to manage her own hospital back home in Haiti.

Dahsia Middlebrooks is a Track and Field Athlete and a senior here. She is from New Haven Connecticut, where she was an all area and all conference athlete back in high school in her perspective events.

Middlebrooks is a Public Health Major with a double major in Sociology.

She is a stellar Track and Field athlete and with a great grade point average in the school. She said she has always been diligent in pursuit of her education and future.

“I really worked hard in high school so I would set myself up better for college,” Middlebrooks said.

Middlebrooks chosen Public Health because she was intrigued with the studies of learning of the need for public health professionals everywhere, and how everyone stands to benefit.

After graduation she is planning to go to graduate school for public health and participate in her last year of track and field, she is already a conference champion, New England champion, and is a three-time national qualifier for long and triple jump.

Lastly is senior Wahjerjay Blango, another student athlete in Track and Field who is majoring in International Business.

Blango comes from Burlington New Jersey.

Wahjerjay stated that she gravitated towards AIC due to her major and she was intrigued with the international standpoint of the college. Another question that was asked to her was how did she handle being a student athlete.

“It was quite tough at first adjusting to the school portion of things and then the track portion of things it became very stressful, all I did was keep praying and keep pushing to make things easier on my end,” Blango said. “It ultimately came together full circle my last year ironically.”

Right now Blango is less than a second from breaking the school record for the 400 meter dash, and already has the record for the 500 meter dash and placed second at the conference championships in the 400 meter dash and the 8thin the 200 meter dash.

Go seniors!