Health and wellness exposition enthralls students

Health+and+wellness+exposition+enthralls+students+

Bailey Robinson, Staff Writer

As the health and fitness craze continues to grow in our society, American International College has found the necessity of offering its students many opportunities to grow and learn about the health and fitness of student’s minds and bodies.

This spring, it was a wildly successful Health and Wellness Exposition held at the newly renovated Campus Center Auditorium.

The event included information about fitness tips, nutrition advice, and fun things like relaxing manicures. There were stations that students could carousel around and learn ways to better their physical and mental health.

Also included was a station put on by the school’ own Health Services. Offered here were samples of Advil, cough drops and condoms, free for students to take to further show the support that Health services has for students on campus.

Along with health care, a station promoting skin care allowed for students to look deeper at their own skin and realize the damage that may have already been caused. Giving out pamphlets to further educate students and Chap Stick samples that overemphasized the need of precautions in the sun.

AIC senior Samantha Tabak said she found the expo to be very enriching for students.

“Not only was it great to see the Health and Fitness expo offered at our school, but also the amount of students that showed up. The whole time I was there, there were lines at various different stations and students coming in and out of the CCA,” Tabak said.

Beside the free samples and advice given out throughout the CCA, the Department of Campus Recreation also offered a raffle for every student to enter for free. Giving students the opportunity to further excel in their goals of improving their personal health and wellness.

A few other stations included a spirituality station with prayers and the opportunity to sign up for weekly spirituality emails, a station that offered free manicures, another that gave out free samples of protein and pre-workout and another that offered information and support for mental health.

Blake Peake, a senior at AIC, said she also found the expo to be helpful.

“A lot of college students are trying to stay physically fit, with helpful information like this it allowed for more students to understand what they need to do to get on track to being healthy,” Peake said.

With successful opportunities like this, students at AIC have had the ability to learn about a healthy life without having to worry about spending money or traveling away from campus. AIC allowed full access on site, giving every student the chance to learn and grow a healthy successful lifestyle.Expo photo