A search for the answers: the deadliest mass killing spree

AIC students stand with the memorial set up in remembrance of the victims of the Las Vegas shooting.

Ave’ Mullen, Staff Writer

At approximately 11:20 p.m. local time on Sunday, October 1, police used explosives to bombard room 32135 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel in Las Vegas, and found Stephen Paddock – accused shooter in the country’s largest mass killing – dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The trail of events preceding that discovery have been exposed and elaborated all over social media and the mainstream media with most sources repeating the same verdict: Stephen Paddock was the shooter and he did it alone.

But is the mainstream media leaving out key evidence and details that could possibly prove otherwise?

Officials reported that Paddock checked into the Mandalay Bay Hotel on Thursday, September 28, just three days before the shooting. Paddock earned the room as a “comp” from the hotel, due to him being a loyal gambler and customer at the casino.

Officials also reported that he checked in with over 10 suitcases, presumably holding 23 firearms, a large amount of ammunition and several thick magazines that could hold up to one hundred rounds each – which is way too many weapons and ammunition for one person.

He somehow managed to bring over 400 pounds of weapons up to the 32nd floor of the hotel undetected and unsuspected, placed a do not disturb sign on his door, and rearranged his suite to set up a sniper’s nest.

These 23 firearms included AR-15 Variants and AR-10 Pattern riffles in which two were stocked with telescopic visons and fixed on bipods and twelve were equipped with “bump fire stocks” which allow semi-automatic weapons to perform similarly to fully automatic weapons, producing more than ninety bullets in only ten seconds.

To assemble, load and shoot these intricate weapons and explosives requires very serious knowledge and training. However, Paddock, a wealthy accountant and real estate investor, had no such training to do so. The amount of firearms also calls for a team of experienced shooters.

“Stephen Paddock had no history of mental illness nor did he have problems with drugs or alcohol,” Stephen’s brother Eric told The Washington Post.

Investigators also found hidden cameras that were set up inside and outside of the hotel room, but were not in record mode. Police found a note, presumably written by the shooter, which calculated the distance, wind and trajectory from the hotel room to the music festival only 490 yards away.

This shows that the shooter may have been very experienced with shooting, unlike Stephen Paddock who did not practice shooting and wasn’t known to be a hunter.

It was also said that the shooter used a hammer was used to break two windows, which is almost impossible being that the windows were 800 lbs. each of hurricane proof glass.

Sherriff Joe Lombardo said there was evidence that Paddock may have intended to escape the scene and that he may have had assistance from an accomplice.

The strenuous and meticulous work used to set up and use this stockpile of weapons calls for an extended amount of time and multiple people to be done successfully.

Police also uncovered Ammonium Nitrate, an explosive chemical, 1600 rounds of ammunition, and fifty pounds of Tannerite, a dual-chemical explosive, inside of Paddock’s vehicle.

Their potential shows that they would have definitely caused more destruction and death. However, the explosive chemicals were not combined or assembled yet, meaning there was more work or people needed to carry out this plan.

Witnesses from the music festival also recall a woman frantically telling other concert goers just forty-five minutes before the shooting began, “they were all going to die tonight,” before police came and removed her from the premises.

Being that the shooting was said to be a one-man mission, this shows that more than one person could have known this would occur. This woman has not been brought in for questioning.

There are too many things about the mass shooting that doesn’t line up with what the media is telling us. All of this missing evidence begins to prove that Stephen Paddock was not alone when committing this hideous crime, which calls for a deeper investigation of what really happened and who was involved for the benefit and safety of the lives lost and injured as well as their families.

On October 6, students from AIC put together a memorial for the 58 concertgoers killed in the mass shooting to show support for the victims and their families by placing American flags in the shape of an “L” and a “V” and also used the hashtag #VegasStrong. Many American International College students stand with the victims and their families at this difficult time.