AIC Yellow Jacket

Student clubs showcased at fair

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student clubs showcased at fair

AIC's FACE club

AIC's FACE club

AIC's FACE club

AIC's FACE club

Justin Lipscomb, Staff Writer

The annual Student Engagement Fair held this month on the Quad showcased the myriad of clubs and activities that students can join.

The C-Hour featured rows of tables, each with a colorful poster and other props highlighting clubs and activities.

It was an extremely hot day outside with an estimated temperature  of 95 degrees, but that didn’t stop the students of AIC to showcase their organizations.

There were so many clubs and — even better — so many students.

Visitors had such eager faces and were ready to dive into what makes this school a success with getting people involved on campus so that everybody can feel included.

AIC Lion Club

Among clubs represented: Outdoors Club, FACE, Women’s Organization. Student Government Association, PRIDE, Plus, the Yellow Jacket newspaper and more. Fraternities were also present.

Upperclass students rated the fair as the biggest they have seen.

Sophomore Regine Winifred shared her thoughts of not only looking at the fair but also being apart of one of the clubs. Winifred is apart of the Cheerleading team which is making a comeback after being inactive for about three years now.

She’s excited about that.

“It feels great knowing that I am bringing back school spirit to campus and knowing that people are excited as well to see us cheer,” Winifred said.

In fact, she believes a good cheering squad will be a motivating force for the football team itself.

“Yes definitely, getting the crowd hype gets the players hype so its like a good chain reaction,” Winifred said.

The fair just didn’t hold AIC’s clubs and organizations, there were also posters being sold for students who wanted to buy one to decorate their dorm room or just to keep because they liked it. Also Westfield Bank was there to promote their services as well, provide cotton candy was also providing to make it feel like a real fair.

The atmosphere was electric; nothing but good vibes, everyone was enjoying each others company and admiring each others trifold boards that were designed for each distinctive club, even women’s organization stepped it up by bringing their backdrop to take pictures with the students.

Just witnessing a lot of the booths, there were a lot of new faces at majority of them and very few familiar faces that have been there since they’re freshman year all the way to graduate school.

Sophomore Shayne Coley, who plays on the football team, was impressed.

“It feels really good that a bunch of people in my sophomore class and the students in the freshman class feel obligated to keep the fun going, the upperclassman that really made it possible for us to have a full college experience is more than deserving for us to keep it going for the next wave of people coming,” Coley said.

Res Life’s table getting to know students

Some changes in the Student Life staff has brought a push this school year to excel in academics and in Student Engagement and so far every event has gone off without a hitch.

For the first two weeks there has been a huge poster pasted all over campus with events and dates to ensure that no student will not know about the thrilling events that are coming up.

So make sure everyone pays attention to the walls so you won’t miss an event!