What’s cooking on campus

Megen Navone, Staff writer

It’s the start to a new year.

For some students, it’s the beginning chapter to college life here at American International College, and for others this is the final goodbye to what has been a full four years earned and graduation right around the corner. Freshman and seniors alike, we can all agree that AIC has definitely made some changes this year, starting with the one thing that concerns us all: FOOD.

burgerWhat many can agree on, the food is different this year. The Dining Commons has completely changed the atmosphere of the dining room, with more changed expected over the next few years.

Previously, Aramark was responsible for the preparing of food, and now we welcome the food company Chartwells to promote their sense of health and wellness.

Jeffrey and Peter Jean-Paul, both juniors on campus, can agree that the food was one of the first things they noticed as a change here at school. “Its different this year (the food) its better than last year, but we’re still hoping to see an upgrade in variety throughout the year,” said Jeffrey.

The Hive has also made a sudden change, no more Subway, which was a shock to almost all commuters.

“I love the new food selection they have this year, the prices have gone up which has been rough, but the setting is amazing” said Yaribeth Ruiz, “Subway’s gone, but the new SubZone is excellent!”

pizzaA shock to students was not seeing the usual Freal machine in the hub, to make shakes and frappes that was a must buy for the hive.

“We definitely need to invest on getting some type of ice cream back” said one of the Managers for the Hive, “Many students have complained and it’s only the first week,” he laughed.

UBowl is another addition to The Hive this year; students have the option to customize their own Thai noodle bowls just to their liking.

From student reviews, it’s quite the delicious lunch option.

The Java Café has expanded their menu this year, now providing students with the option to more flavors (customized with the seasons). The iced macchiato is back, and now students can request all orders to be made with low fat or skim milk, turning to a healthier alternative as a morning pick-me-up.

Be sure to check out all of the new improvements made to the eateries around campus, and don’t be afraid to put fourth dome of your own personal comments or opinions. There are comment boxes located in the dinning commons that provide students with the option to share their thoughts on how AIC can accommodate a well-nourished and well-rounded lifestyle for everyone.