Jenzabar, Microsoft365 Going Live

Jenzabar, Microsoft365 Going Live

Cody Stone, Staff Writer

AIC’s two new electronic communication tools — Jenzabar and Microsoft365 — are just around the corner.

On June 9th, the campus will be making a huge change at that, that day is the official launch date of Jenzabar and the end of CAMS.

Jenzbar is not the only change that will be occurring on the 2014 summer break – the campus will also see the end of First Class and the beginning of Microsoft365. With a whirlwind of change on the horizon there are only so few things left to do to accomplish the change, however the few things are pretty big.

Office365Students say they are looking forward to the changes.

Malik Copper a Junior at American International College said, “I am very excited for Jenzabar, I am looking forward to everything being a lot easier for all my needs then they are right now.”

Sometime in May will come a preview of myAIC. On June 2nd, and CAMS will freeze. It appears there will be a seven-day lapse between the freezing of CAMS to the launch of Jenzabar.

On June 23rd new students will be among the first to get myAIC. Before the beginning of summer classes myAIC will be launching for all students in summer courses. To round off the steps that still need to be taken on August 15th myAIC will be introduced to everyone else.

There are exciting changes coming to AIC for the most part but it does not stop here.

As part of Jenzabar, the campus will need to transfer off of First Class and onto Microsoft365. On April 1st, 2014 new Microsoft365 accounts were made. Sometime in May or just spanning the month all Offices will be transferred to 365.

From May to July, faculty will be converting by appointment only, so there won’t be an overload of things going on at once.

In the month of June that is when the students can expect the staging and starting of the conversion for them onto 365. August 1st if necessary all remaining accounts will be transferred its more than likely that the extra time will be required do to the amount of time and effort it will take to accomplish this task in its entirety.

The workspaces that are in First Class will be moved to the Jenzabar portal or onto BlackBoard.

Chair of the Communication Department Mary Ellen Lowney said, “So far I have been pretty good with Microstoft 365, but I am interested to see what Jenzabar is like. However, we have yet to be trained and I am very interested to see what that is going to be like.

MyAIC may seem confusing to some. It will be is a starting point more like a homepage so to speak, it will give users interaction with all college offices, business functions, academics and events.

Faculty members are also keen to get started on the new systems.

Communications Professor Jamina Scippio-Mcfadden said, “I am looking forward to the single log in, I think that it will save a ton of time when you need to use your email, Blackboard, Student registration and anything else it will do will make things so much easier.”

MyAIC is highly user friendly and will provide all the access you need to campus information. MyAIC will also automatically log you into Blackboard and Office365, so you don’t have to worry about that peskiness of retyping your username and password every few seconds the safer the better but sometimes it can be a bit ridiculous.

June 9th, 2014 will be the day that Jenzabar will be going live, so mark it on your calendar and prepare for a tidal wave of change to take place. Don’t worry the sting will not stick around for too long, with the trainings that are going on and a light promise of a user friendly system it should be no problem at all.Jenzabar